JOB TITLE: MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
SUPERVISOR: MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
The Mechanic’s primary responsibility is maintaining the rotating equipment within the facility. Proper performance in this position will produce high production with reliable operation and create a safe work atmosphere for all personnel and the plant. He will be required to make professional decisions and willing to accept the accountability on those decisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains an awareness and understanding of the hazards of electrical and rotating equipment and process conditions.
- Utilizes test equipment (monitoring) in a skillful manner on pumps, motors, conveying and rotating equipment.
- Utilizes Operating and maintenance manuals, drawings, and parts break down sheets.
- Provides leadership in solving and training others in the trouble shooting/problem solving skills.
- Responds quickly to evaluate and troubleshoot items that will risk the production capability of the facility.
- Documents all changes for approval and verifies modifications to the proper documents.
- Coordinates and provides input to new projects with management and engineering.
- Provides housekeeping in those areas in which he works.
- Displays efficient troubleshooting skills, solving problems with self motivation skills.
- Communicates well while sharing his knowledge with his peers.
- Must have basic knowledge of mechanical maintenance fundamentals.
- Knowledge of reading and understanding equipment manuals and drawings.
- Continually develops troubleshooting skills.
- Developmental School or equivalent.
This job may or may not be an active job posting. Please fill out an employment application and we will be in touch with you.